Software engineer, Designer and Architect
I am a full stack engineer with a passion for great application design and implementation. I believe that is accomplished by not only diligent design and programming, but also a strong focus on DevOps and collaboration. I hope to continue my career by joining a software engineering company and contributing to the success of that company by being a strong proponent of these ideals.
- B.S. in Computer Science
- Southern Wesleyan University
- Cum Laude, 2012
- Eagle Scout with the Silver Palm
- Orchestrated and participated in many leadership programs and service projects
- Research article: Path Planning using Dijkstra and Lightning Enhancement
- Researched enhancements to Dijkstra's Algorithm that enables path planning based on a height map.
- Head of Developer Relations
- Jan 2022 - Present
- I am a leading the DevRel team. We build and foster the community of developers around the Open Source and SAAS projects at WSO2.
- Lead Solutions Engineer
- Feb 2021 - Jan 2022
- I am a technical sales rep that works with customers to solve their problems with WSO2 products.
- Sr. Full Stack Developer
- Feb 2020 - Feb 2021
- BMW: Apps and Services
- A senior member on a team to build a system to provide electric car drivers a smart way to charge their vehicle bmwchargeforward.com. This connected many internal BMW systems but also interfaced with Power companies for up-to-date energy data. Integrated with top vehicle Manufacturers and Utility companies to build a system for getting electrical grid data.
- Sr. Enterprise Application Engineer
- 2018 - Feb 2020
- AFS Logistics
- I worked as a lead engineer on a team building a new Transportation Management System from the ground up using a microservice architecture. Spring Boot, gRPC, Protobuf, Kafka, Elastic Search, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm.
- Full Stack Mentor
- 2018 - 2020
- Thinkful Inc
- I work one on one with students participating in the program. My main goal is to help overcome hurdles and provide more depth to the program where needed based on my work experience.
- Enterprise Application Engineer
- 2012 - 2018
- I maintained legacy applications, worked on improvements and new features of existing products, and architected new applications.
- BMW Charge Forward - This projects includes a collection of BMW internal services providing vehicle data sources. They are used to optimize electric vehicles charging times. To manage the streams of vehicle data
AWS Lambda, SQS, Kinesis was built together in a
node Typscript mono repo. The backend service was built with node
Nest.js framwork and
- Transportation Management System - This projects includes a collection of applications and microservices deployed with
Docker, Kubernetes and Helm. These are the projects that I participate in: A CRUD application that is the main entry point into the system. It is built using
Spring Boot, MS SQL Server and Vue. A Rating System, designed for high throughput and consists of multiple microservices using
Spring Boot, Golang, Protobuf, gRPC, Redis, PostgreSQL, Vue. A Document Manager built to control the ingestion of physical documents using
Spring Boot, Protobuf, gRPC, Websockets, RabbitMQ, PostregSQL, Google Cloud API, and Vue. A Delayed Messaged Delivery service that can scale for high volume is built with
Kafka, Redis, Spring Boot.
- Gohlay - I wrote an
open source tool to reproduce the kafka delayed/scheduled message system using
Golang Gohlay WIP. It has a much smaller footprint and can scale more easily without the dependency of redis.
- Dynamic EDI parser - Developed a reliable
EDI parser that is able to convert any EDI file into an object format of choice (xml, json, etc). I developed the algorithm that utilized specific Java class definitions to know how to parse any type of EDI file. This gave us the power to define broad or specific rules in each
Java class file that essentially would ‘teach’ the algorithm how to read any EDI file.
- Your Media - I am developing a public social/blog boilerplate, using
Hugo, to easily empower people to build their own blog vs rely on a service or social media Your Media WIP
Java, Spring Boot
Front End, Vue, React
Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
PostgreSQL, Hibernate, Elastic Search